ShareholdersThe Group's Annual Report and Audited Financial Statements are circulated to Shareholders and filed with the relevant Authorities within statutory deadlines. All Shareholders have been able to vote freely at the last Annual Meeting.
SuppliersSuppliers are the initial stage of our supply chain. The Group has dedicated purchasing officers who interact with them on a day to day basis to secure the best deals.
During the financial year 2017/18 the Group continued its support to the community, particularly those most in need. Donations were made to the following individuals and associations:
- Furnishing of NHDC low cost homes in Cottage.
- Financial and material support to NGOs and voluntary groups, including: Gender Links, The Shelter for Women and Children in Distress, Association EnsamLakaz Zen, are amongst 22 associations that have received aid this year to support their efforts to contribute to the betterment of society.
- Support and products to a group of residents of Cite Vallijee who were affected by cyclone Berguitta in February 2018.
- Assistance, support and donations to families who have lost their belongings following fire, floods and other natural disasters.
The Human Resource (“HR”) team maintains close contact with employees at all levels of the Group. Appropriate channels have been put in place for dispute resolution, employee complaints, training, health & safety, salary survey and incentive schemes. The HR team ensures that its activities are aligned to the Groups overall strategic objectives and includes the following goals:
- Attract and retain the best talent.
- Improve HR-related processes, policies and procedures.
- Provide excellent customer service training to employees.
- Implement incentive and motivational programs to boost our team members’ morale and enthusiasm towards higher productivity.
- Assess the performance levels of its employees though a transparent Performance Management System.
Additionally, with a view to maintain and sustain harmonious and cordial working relationships, the HR team continuously works to:
- Reinforce policies for healthy work relationships.
- Practice open-door policy - listening, counselling and advising employees.
- Hold employee focus group sessions with branch operations employees starting in June 2018.
- Conduct regular visits in all our sites.
- A Human Resources Policy Manual has been put in place.
The Group is committed to the development of its employees and has its own HRDC-approved training academy. A Performance Management System was launched on 1 April 2018 to enable Head of Departments to monitor the levels of efficiency of team members on a continuous basis. A system for quarterly follow-up and monitoring has also been put in place.